- South Africa
JCDecaux, the number one outdoor advertising company in Africa, announces that it has branded Gautrain buses, in partnership with Pixykorner and the LFP Group, South Africa’s leading provider of BEE aligned skills development, training solutions and compliance services, extending their campaign reach with impactful out-of-home media.
In a first for South Africa, JCDecaux has branded Gautrain buses across a route network covering an estimated 320 000 km per month travelling through high net worth suburbs ranging from Melrose, Gallo Manor, Waterfall, Irene and Hatfield using arterial roads that connect the premium shopping and leisure destinations of Rosebank, Sandton City, Monte Casino, Mall of Africa, Menlyn and Brooklyn Shopping Malls.
Against the clock, JCDecaux wrapped 80 of 125 Gautrain buses with LFP branding over a 40-hour duration. Jacolien Botha, Media and Brand Manager LFP Group underlined that “Our audience has become familiar with the LFP brand and using this unique vehicle to deliver our messaging is a fun and innovative way to ensure maximum reach and brand exposure.”
Gautrain has over 4 000 000 passengers per annum, with its buses leaving stations every 25 minutes during peak times and every 60 minutes during off-peak times. During operating hours, the buses follow routes through suburbs that have low exposure to outdoor billboard advertising. The Gautrain buses also ferry passengers to international events, most recently Ed Sheeran’s sold out Johannesburg concert, where they provided a shuttle service for fans to and from FNB stadium. The Gautrain buses are an additional opportunity for exposure in areas that traditional out-of-home can’t reach.
JCDecaux’s global drive for excellence and innovation in the out-of-home transit industry makes it possible to share best-in-class solutions for local advertisers. JCDecaux Africa has several Gautrain packages that can be tailored for your specific target demographics. Now what can we do for you? To find out more contact ZA_SASales@jcdecaux.com
About JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa
JCDecaux in sub-Saharan Africa, formerly Continental Outdoor Media until the acquisition by JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) in partnership with Royal Bafokeng Holdings in June 2015, is Africa's leading traditional and digital outdoor advertising company and operates in 20 countries in Africa. The company offers more than 37,000 advertising opportunities within the African continent.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2018 revenue: €3,619m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (528,660 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 210 airports and 277 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (366,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (137,020 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (648,570 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (239,300 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (72,880 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (24,170 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (16,450 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,061,200 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,030 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,030 employees